Home Sweet Home

"may you find some comfort here."

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > journaling

Janice bisset
Site Owner

In his book the "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People", S. Covey tells the story of a man who was walking through a forest when he came across a frustrated lumberjack.

The man stops to observe the lumberjack, watching him feverishly sawing at this very large tree. He noticed that the lumberjack was working up a sweat, sawing and sawing, yet going nowhere. The bystander noticed that the saw the lumberjack was using was about as sharp as a butter knife. So, he says to the lumberjack, "Excuse me Mr. Lumberjack, but I couldn't help noticing how hard you are working on that tree, but going nowhere." The lumberjack replies with sweat dripping off of his brow, "Yes... I know. This tree seems to be giving me some trouble." The bystander replies and says, "But Mr. Lumberjack, your saw is so dull that it couldn't possibly cut through anything." "I know", says the lumberjack, "but I am too busy sawing to take time to sharpen my saw."

--

"May you find some comfort here."

July 4, 2014 at 1:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Janice bisset
Site Owner

God, sharpen my ability to cut out the beliefs and habits  that put distance between us.

--

"May you find some comfort here."

September 8, 2014 at 9:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.